Tuesday, March 3, 2009

France Real Estate: Second-Home Sale

That's fantastic news for people like me. Last spring, standing on a cliff overlooking some of the more extraordinary villas near Es Cubells beach in Ibiza, I promised myself that one day I was going to own a vacation home. Maybe it would be on one of the enchanting Balearic Islands, or possibly in south Florida-Miami or Naples-where hot weather is guaranteed most of the year (though the charming hills of the Scottish Highlands and the desolate islands off Croatia have also stirred my heart).

At the time, I did not think I could begin to look at options until several years down the line. But now, with the market for second homes softening fast, even freelance journalists like me can start realistically toying with the idea. I've got my eye on the stunning Zen Vida property in Majorca, which boasts five bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, three al fresco dining areas and a designer kitchen, as well as spectacular views of the Bay of Palma. Then again, it's tough to pass up Théole-sur-Mer, the estate built in 1925 on a private peninsula near Cannes by the architect Barry Dierks, which offers an infinity pool and direct diving into the Mediterranean.

French Properties added

France Real Estate for Sale